Wishing all of you a very Happy 2012.
My promises to myself:
1. relearn spinning cotton, ramie and flax (linen). I learned these decades ago and want to relearn as the raw material is easier to obtain now.
2. continue my learning curve on the support spindle. This is a spindle that is spun while the base tip is resting in a bowl or other smooth surface. I'm using a 6 oz custard cup. The one shown is a Tibetan style from Lori at DeerfieldCreations I bought the spindle at Fiber in the 'Boro back in October and am enjoying it a lot.
3. not spin something I don't enjoy because I have it. Life is too short and there are other spinners in this area who should be able to swap with me - or buy. If not, there's a page on Ravelry that will work.
4. Maybe learn to kayak. DH loves this and has 2 kayaks so far and probably buying a third. Others in less condition than I seem to be able to do this - so I may - just paddle around the edge of the lake. Only issue - same day and time as my knitting group. So if I do this, he and I will just have to go on Sundays or something like that.
5. continue my attempt to finish all my WIP (works in progress) and UFO's (unfinished objects). I did finish Mystic Water in 2011 but all of the others were new things and gifted to others. I will allow myself new things for gifting to others and socks for me (but the yarn is in the house already). I will also frog (unravel) some partial projects to either start again or allocate the yarn to something else. I've learned new things this past year and will apply them to improve these frogged items.
That's all for now - after I finish going through my projects, will post with photos.