Sunday, November 7, 2010

Monthly update?

Let's see if I can manage to update monthly and improve from there.  
I finished some socks.. and some others with photos not taken yet.  I started a hat for another Christmas present.  Have about 3 hours more work and the knitting is done.  Then I have to buy and attach a bunch of buttons.
Next task will be 2 more handknit gifts and some thoughts for gifts for other family members.

I've also been spinning...  This is some superfine merino and I'm almost 2/3rds done with the first 4-oz braid.  This will be a three-ply yarn suitable for socks I hope.
 I also have been using and trying to learn to use a supported spindle - Russian style.  The fiber is a merino wool/alpaca blend.  I'm learning but it is going slowly.  I'll try to get some better photos next time around.

The last entry is probably the most awesome to me.  Cheekwood Botanical Gardens has had an exhibition of the glasswork of Dale Chihuly.  The gardens were open both day and evening hours.  So I got to see these:





  This was truly a spectacular show.  Yesterday was the last day but the memories and photos I have will live with me always.  For those with a lot of time on their hands, check out the artist's website here.  At the bottom are links to see exhibitions, installations and schedules of what will be where.  Trivia - the ceiling in the lobby of the Bellagio in Los Vegas was done by Chihuly.

The last photo is showing what we've been finishing up now.  The killing frost has hit and we have finally put up the last of our peppers.  These are mostly mini-bells - the gold and orange ones with a few others included as well: 

 So until next time, Enjoy

No comments: