Sunday, May 29, 2011

A time to remember

This is Memorial Day Weekend in the US.  It is a time to honor those who have served, possibly giving their lives so we may enjoy the freedoms we have.
That said:
DH  US Navy 1969 - 1979 active duty.  2 additional years reserve time.













My Uncle P.  US Army


















My computer and I are not playing well together so I will just list others and add photos when the rules of the game are defined a bit better.

My father served in the Army in World War II and was a prisoner of war held by the Germans.  He also served in the Korean War/Conflict.

My maternal Grandfather served with the US Army in World War I.

DH and I also have other relatives who have served in most of the wars the US has been involved in back to the Revolutionary War.  Some died in battle, some of injuries received and some came home alive but forever changed.
So wherever you are and whatever country you call home, please remember those who have fought for you and your families and theirs through the years.  They deserve your thanks and gratitude.

No comments: