Friday, July 27, 2007

Tired of White

There has been too much white in my life recently. White knitting, stitching on white, white wrapping paper used by the movers - just way too much.

I decided to change colors - at least the ones I can control so I bought some beautiful Jagger Spun Zephyr, 50% merino, 50% Tussah silk and started knitting...

The background is the July/August issue of Piecework. The pattern is Russian Lace Scarf.











Here is a closeup of my knitting:
The left side may look loopy and it is as each row starting on that side has a yo before the first stitches. They will be picked up later and become the base of the scarf's main pattern. If this is confusing, it will make more sense in the next entry. Four more pattern repeats (IF I counted correctly) and then the pick-up of stitches begins.

Off I go to finish lunch and knit a bit before taking on more unpacking and moving things around.

















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gail-the colour is excellent. I really like purple.

Re your comment on grief-I think we are at the same place. It does mellow and stops being debilitating, but it still is there.

Thank you for caring.

Claire said...

Gail, the knitting looks lovely. I've tried to learn to knit, but am woefully inadequate. lol Beautiful color too.

Cheers