I was told today that I'm tagged. There are rules that go with this so I'm going to cut and paste from FugueStateKnits to get the rules right:
Here are the rules: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.
This shall be interesting (for me anyway):
1. I was born in Wisconsin, lived in Kansas, Missouri and Connecticut before my 8th birthday.
2. DH and I met in Florida, married in Texas and our kids were born in Washington (state).
3. I was in one of the experimental classes for the "new math" in elementary school along with regular math classes.
4. My mother, my DH and I each have a younger sister named Cynthia.
5. I have two grandchildren with autism. I also have another grandchild who is ADD and yet is brilliant enough for a school for accelerated students. Finding ways to help them and their parents is a passion of mine.
6. I love to cook and bake. As such, I'm addicted to Iron Chef America and Good Eats with Alton Brown. The third show I love is Everyday Italian.
7. I enjoy almost all types of music but my DS would frisbee or break the CD's he didn't like of mine - so I must have purchased 10 copies of Phantom of the Opera before he left home. I'm still looking for another CD of Starlight Express.
8. I've had laser surgery called SLT on my eyes to help control glaucoma. It's a really different experience and repeatable if my eye pressures climb up again. Glaucoma is silent 99% of the time - no symptoms until it's very late. Please get your eye pressures checked per your doctor's recommendations. You can't be cured but you can be treated - and the treatment is painless and easy (I put drops in my eyes a few times a day).
Now the hard part for me - who to tag: Let's try Peg, Tammy, Claire, Dani, and I'll have to come up with 4 more tomorrow... my brain isn't working right now.