Monday, September 24, 2007

First Peek

Here's the first progress shot of Mediterranean Lace from A Gathering of Lace. DD will have to choose between this and Secret of the Stole as it progresses. This one is in Jaggerspun Zephyr, a blend of 80% merino and 20% lace.

Secret of the Stole starts around October 5th and there seem to be hundreds in the group for this mystery stole. I know they are all over the world and there seems to be a large German representation. That is so neat to me... what the world needs are more knitters and fewer warriors.

This is posted primarily as a bribe so that DD will finally look at this blog and see her birthday wishes from back in mid-July...as she said today - oops...

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow, all your shawls/stoles are gorgeous. I love the color on this one.

Anonymous said...

*sneaks in and leaves a comment behind*

DD WUS HEER

*gets set for the phone call to follow this comment*

Peggy said...

Glad to know I'm not in the land of craze by myself!!!!! Thanks for the comment. :)

FuguesStateKnits said...

Beautiful yarn - lace is lovely and so worth the challenge, isn't it? It takes awhile, but it's so interesting, the time flies!

I've tagged you - details at my blog (sorry!)
Joan