Saturday, March 29, 2008

Photos as promised

But I didn't promise anything about quality. It's cloudy and raining so outside is not a choice for a photo shoot.
First of all - Mystic Light. This is a companion piece to Mystic Water - still in progress. ML started this past week with clue 1. Since it is knit in sock yarn, it goes a bit faster - or seems like it. The colorway is Sugar Maple from Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome.
















The yarn at left is Tupelo Honey, a laceweight Merino from Kim at The Woolen Rabbit. I doubt any photo will do this justice. It has a kazillion colors in the green, gold, beige range It's like each stitch will be a different color - very subtle but there.

This will be used to knit up Magic Carpet Ride by Susan at Sunflower Designs. The link goes to her blog so take a few minutes and look around. She has a wonderful way with words and some yummy photos.

Since Clue 2 of ML comes out Wednesday, I have some time to get back to Mystic Waters. I'm still on chart E with 4 to go, but I only have maybe 4 rows to finish before that chart hits the trashcan.

Now I'm off to get some longer size 5 needles for Mystic Light. The ones I have now just won't hold all the stitches if it's cramped already.

4 comments:

FuguesStateKnits said...

ooh - it's beautiful - the yarn and the lovely lacework!
Hope you are enjoying this lovely day!
Joan

Peggy said...

It looks gorgeous to me!!!!! Your yarn looks much like mine and you must be a loose knitter as well since you are using size 5s, I'm a bit looser - size 4s. :)

Susan Pandorf said...

Aw, c'mon! Don't you mean which is BEST?

Claire said...

Looks wonderful! I so wish I could knit, but I have a serious deficit in yarn crafts! lol But your work looks great!

Cheers